A2X for eBay imports your eBay Managed Payments payouts and posts them to your accounting system in a way that makes it easy to reconcile the seller fees, sales, subscriptions, refunds, and shipping charges.
A2X for eBay has several benefits for accounting:
- Reconciles eBay Managed Payments perfectly
- Automatically imports accurate eBay Managed Payments data and allows this to be posted to your accounting system in tidy summaries.
- Scales to support thousands of daily orders without sending thousands of individual invoices to the accounting system.
- A2X supports all eBay sites worldwide
- A2X also supports Amazon, Shopify, and Walmart, you can connect all of your marketplaces to a single accounting system for multi-channel sellers.
- Supports multi-currency sellers and multiple tax rates
- Create a new A2X for eBay account from the eBay signup page.
If you already have an existing A2X account, you will be asked to confirm that you wish to create a new account. So, this is where you need to choose 'Continue with New Account'. If you are new to A2X, you will be prompted to enter some details and then you will be taken to your A2X for eBay dashboard.
There are detailed, step by step instructions for setting up your A2X for eBay account here. If you are not the eBay owner (perhaps you are an accountant or bookkeeper) and you do not have access to their eBay account find out how to send them an invite here.
Now you are ready to safely connect to your eBay Seller Hub and your accounting software.
2. Connecting an A2X for eBay account to your my eBay Seller Hub
Once connected you'll be redirected back to A2X and your first payouts will begin to import into A2X. The process usually takes 10-20 minutes and for larger eBay Accounts, it can take several hours to complete.
Please note that A2X will import up to 12 months of eBay Managed Payments history. You may have to carry out a request history to get the full 12 months.
Once imported you should see the payouts listed, as shown below:
3. Connecting to your accounting system
Click the Connect button for your accounting system and proceed with the connection process.
You will be redirected to your accounting system to grant A2X permission.
If you are connecting A2X for eBay to the same accounting system that you are already connected to with a different A2X account, you should choose to share the existing connection, rather than create a new connection.
4. Configuring the accounts and taxes for your eBay Payouts
You need to configure A2X for eBay to map your eBay transactions into your accounting system.
A2X will offer to create several generic default accounts, or you can select your own individual mappings. We recommend working with your accountant on this initial setup as it will impact how the eBay transactions appear in your financial reporting.
You can also customize how the A2X transactions are created, such as grouping the sales by province in the Settings > Invoice section of A2X. This can help if you have specific tax handling requirements for some states.
Please Note: For more information about these mappings or if you have specific requirements that are not handled by the current mapping, please contact the A2X support team.
5. Posting your Payouts and reconciling them in your accounting system
Once you have connected and configured your account, you can send your payouts to your accounting system. To do that, click the Send link.
You will then see the payout in your accounting system and be able to match or reconcile it to the corresponding deposit. For example, below is Xero's bank reconciliation screen showing the matching payouts.
Hint: If you are in chat and wish to view the article outside of the chat window, please click HERE.